Muso's Unite!

Played the trumpet for six years, played the piano for 3 (but I was hopeless with the piano)

It is probably safer to say that I have an appreciation for music, (Classical being my favouite. In my opinion, the sound of the violin and piano are heavenly), as opposed to the fact that I have a talent in it.

Peanuts said:
Played the trumpet for six years, played the piano for 3 (but I was hopeless with the piano)

It is probably safer to say that I have an appreciation for music, (Classical being my favouite. In my opinion, the sound of the violin and piano are heavenly), as opposed to the fact that I have a talent in it.

w00t! Go classical! :mrgreen:
got any favorite composers?

On an unrelated note, it looks like Vicky had a little run in with a sadistic clown...

Ah, I've never really been that into Chopin (it seems to be a kind of piano thing, I guess), but Tchaikovsky :mrgreen:

I made a trip up to Philadelphia last year to see the Phialdelphia Symphony (with Riccardo Moralis on clarinet) perform Mozart's Clarinet Concerto and Tchaikovsky's 5th Symphony. It was an amazing concert.

My favorites would have to be Mahler, Barber, Prokofiev, Hindemith, Shostakovich and Stravinsky. (I'm a sucker for the contemporary guys :))

Oh, yeah, and this is my 10th year of playing the clarinet, in case anyone was wondering. I'm a Junior at the Peabody Conservatory right now, soon to be unemployed :lol: :lol:

Violin and electric violin. Also Viola d'Amore and Viola. :D

And my fave composers are Bartok, Stravinski, Mahler, Prokofiev, Shostakovich, in no particular order.

Classically trained, I love Jazz though quite a lot.

Do those who only sing have a place in this thread?
For that is all I can do.
I was too lazy when I was young to really dedicate my time and efforts to any instrument, and today I am sad about it, but... that is just how it was.
So my voice is the only thing I can use now in order to make music along with others.
Still, that voice is too weak to be sung solo (and would not be heard, anyway).
But it does ok in a choir that performs Classical Church Music from Palestrina via Händel/Bach through Mozart to Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Brahms to Hugo Wolf or Pepping.

I played piano for about 6 years; it was my mom's piano - when I moved away from home, that ended it. (No loss to the music world, I assure you.) :lol:

Can still read music and had years of choir, glee club, and other geeky stuff like that. :mrgreen:

And I hang out with musicians just for the vibe. :heart:

Violin is my main instrument. But I play a bit of guitar and piano.

^^ I sometimes take private lessons from Mitica100 which is how he found this forum.

hmm, i've played quite a few instruments since childhood, but only continue to play piano, flute and saxaphone, on sporadic periods now. I do like playing the acoustic guitar and drums when i can get my hands on them :)

ummm currently on a break from the piano.. been playing it the last 9 years...did upto the 4th grade in the piano from the royal schools of music london
hey vicky i got a lot of sheet music... prob can scan you some if i got what you need
mostly i like doing my own stuff.. making music... mess around with the guitar now and then...
so thats the musical side of me :D

i got a guitar standing here, can hardly play it though. But i still like it. Also got a berimbau, its a brazilian instrument used with capoeira. Cant play it good, but i can get some sound out of it.

oh mansi that would be lovely! You'll have to let me know what sort of music you have.

I finally finished copying out the music I found yesterday... hehe but it looks almost worse now!! my music writing is soooo messy. meh but at least I don't have to squint at it to see the notes.

just realised I never said what I play. I play piano as you've probably all gathered from my excited run around the forum when I found that music. :blushing: But I also play clarinet, saxophone and flute.
Adrian was trying to teach me guitar... gawsh he's awesome... but I just can't get my head to make my hand move that way. It's really weird. I can see my hand but I can't make it move. grrrr. Stupid brain... who needs em! Half the world seems to get by without them!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back