My 15 Week Old Chocolate Lab C&C please

lookylookitzadam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey Everyone,

I am new to photography and just got my XSI. All the shots were shot with my 55-250 EFS on shutter priority. Please let me know what you think. Only post processing was cloning out the leash on a few shots.

FIRST PHOTO:
3506692082_c1fb0c2423_b.jpg

SECOND PHOTO:
YawnKoaYawn.jpg

THIRD PHOTO:
stickemup.jpg

THANKS FOR THE C&C

Congrats to both new camera and new puppy. He's sooo cute.
The photos are not too brilliant (yet!), but no one started out as a master of things!
They're all three a tad out of focus (as has been said already), and are very centrally composed (subject smack in the middle), but I am very sure you'll grow out of that in the course of time. You DID capture some cute expressions! A puppy is a wonderful means to train your photographic skills every day.

Give him a few months and the stick in the 3rd shot won't last 5 seconds :D

Nor with the harness. I thought there would be no way the harness will be able to come off my yellow Lab, but she was out of it and had it in 5 chewed up pieces in about 5 minutes.

Smart dogs those Labs are. I've caught her trying to work the clasp of her crate to get it open.

A chocolate lab? Lock up your garbage.

Why do you use shutter priority? I find aperture priority gives me more creative control. I only use shutter priority if there is a lot of action.

The yawn is a great expression and shows a great deal of life and movement.

Also, I find the background distracting in the full size of the first pic. Try using a wider aperture.

Thanks for all the comments. The reason I was using Shutter Priority is because I wanted to keep the shutter speed kind of fast due to him being so fast and agile. It is really hard to capture a puppy sitting still let alone in motion.

The central composition is due to cropping, Ill post the actual images later.

Most reactions

Back