My 2nd post on this forum

dkangel21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got my new camera and was running around the neighborhood. Caught this little guy/gal in the tree.
Bird.jpg

Nice shot, and congrats on the new camera! One thing you might want to play around with when framing is when the bird is looking off to one side, in general, try framing it so the bird (or human for that matter) is looking into the frame rather than placing them so they are looking at the edge of the frame. This image, for example, might be stronger if the bird was placed along the right third to give it the sense the bird is looking off into the distance. This is not always the rule, but more often than not it gives a nicer sense of the subject being in the environment. Granted sometimes images may be cropped like this for other reasons such as the background being bad or some other foreground image making for great leading lines.

Nice shot, and congrats on the new camera! One thing you might want to play around with when framing is when the bird is looking off to one side, in general, try framing it so the bird (or human for that matter) is looking into the frame rather than placing them so they are looking at the edge of the frame. This image, for example, might be stronger if the bird was placed along the right third to give it the sense the bird is looking off into the distance. This is not always the rule, but more often than not it gives a nicer sense of the subject being in the environment. Granted sometimes images may be cropped like this for other reasons such as the background being bad or some other foreground image making for great leading lines.

Thanks for the suggestion. I may re-crop it to see what effect that would have.

Most reactions

Back