My action shots = TERRILBE (Fuji A303) *PIC included*

Kaxter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am having a TERRIBLE time getting any action shots to show up. I am trying to get pictures of my riding wheelies on my motorycle. I am going about 50 miles an hour, and my buddy is standing maybe 15 away from the road. He tries to snap a picture, but it just comes out bluuuuuury. I have the camera set on auto mode, and have no idea what settings to use. Is there some certain setting I need to be in?

Here is what all the pics look like:

Picture%20432.jpg

tell him to follow you from way up the road, and keep the camera on you while you are moving and take the shot like that - panning, the background will be blurred, but you have a chance of being in focus.

Or use a very very strong flash

Panning is difficult for me, too, i.e. to move the camera along with the moving object and release the shutter while moving. Some members here are experts in that field, though. I believe it requires quite some practise.

Therefore, when my friend wanted her photo taken while riding her bike, she went very slowly so she'd be in focus. You can see that the effect to the background (stripey blurs) is not quite so extreme

Kirsten_Zora_fahr2.jpg

...but this was my first attempt ever.

I later tried to do the same with these birds flying, and this isn't any good, either (compared to what some here have already achieved) but well...

89435669.jpg

Tell your friend to try this next time. If you shoot digital, he can try as often as he likes (I shoot mostly film... so there's always a three-day wait until I know if my attempts were in any way successful).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back