My adventures with Nikon's WU-1a Wireless Adapter.

As for my development efforts... First milestone accomplished! i can send packets to and from the camera now (who-hoo!).

My first program will be a simple Windows application that pulls images (RAW or JPG) from the camera as they are taken and saves them to the computer. I hope to have this done in the next week or two (depending on my schedule).

I could really use some testers that have a WU-1a/1b and a Windows computer with wifi (a notebook or computer with wifi adapter) .. If anybody is interested shoot me a PM.

The faster i can get up to speed on the adapters the faster i can get working on my iOS app and get it in the app store... (cha-ching! $$$ ) :)

Edit: If you have any ideas or suggestions on what you'd like to see from a WiFi enabled Nikon let me know!
Did you ever get any further with your 3rd party software? Just bought the wu1a for my D7100 and am hoping to find a way to use it with my pc :)

the wmu app is so bad. please do something. honestly you could literally poop code into a toilet better than the Nikon sorry-excuse-for-an-app-just-to-say-we-support-wifi wmu app.

How hard could it be to produce a non-kludgey app?

As for my development efforts... First milestone accomplished! i can send packets to and from the camera now (who-hoo!).

My first program will be a simple Windows application that pulls images (RAW or JPG) from the camera as they are taken and saves them to the computer. I hope to have this done in the next week or two (depending on my schedule).

I could really use some testers that have a WU-1a/1b and a Windows computer with wifi (a notebook or computer with wifi adapter) .. If anybody is interested shoot me a PM.

The faster i can get up to speed on the adapters the faster i can get working on my iOS app and get it in the app store... (cha-ching! $$$ ) :)

Edit: If you have any ideas or suggestions on what you'd like to see from a WiFi enabled Nikon let me know!
Did you ever get any further with your 3rd party software? Just bought the wu1a for my D7100 and am hoping to find a way to use it with my pc :)
Buy a USB card reader

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back