My art...

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this first shot, I added the lightning...

1. Click on image for high-res

2. click on image for high-res...
This one looked like it had a funnel cloud but I can assure you it wasn't.

Very interesting technique, but I'm not sure the added lightning works. It looks just a bit synthetic IMHO, I do however very much like the overall effect.

Nice! I though the lightning looked real until you mentioned it... Now of course I can pick out "flaws". So just don't tell anyone :p
I think that lightning lights up more of the cloud (like o the inside and stuff).

Very nice. I like the first one the best. Any chance you could show some cats and dogs falling out of the clouds?

Yes both of these were stitched shots. I don't have a fishy or a 10-22mm. I was within 1/4 of a mile from the rain but the 17mm makes it look quite a bit farther.

Not sure what you were shooting with but did you use anything to protect your camera from the rain? Also for shots like this, you should pick up the 10-22mm.

I shot these with my 40D and a 17-40mm L. And though they are not water proof... they have held up well in the rain on a number of occasions so far, but I wasn't in the rain just quite yet. If you know what you are doing you can usually stay out of the rain. I want a 10-22 but I have seen pictures and I'm not so sure it is as sharp as I want it. I see you have one. I'm very particular about sharpness and I'm not about to put down 700+ for a somewhat soft lens. Do you like yours?

Most reactions

Back