Ok, no. Seriously... no.
He's 14 so let's not dash his hopes, but let's not artificially pump him up either. The world has enough of that lately and we don't need to contribute to it here.
I disagree. With the experience and equipment being used, I think these shots are 'good'. Of course, I'm fairly new myself so what am I to say? I don't think there was any "artificial pumping up" going on here at all. Are these photos going to find themselves word-famous - no. I also don't recall saying they were "awesome". Are there people with more experience to offer more critical advice - sure. I don't think sincerely commenting on people's work, good or bad, is wasting anyone's time or inhibiting growth. I think when you participate in a forum for people to post comments regardless of experience, you need to expect less than stellar or critical reviews. Not everyone is an expert. Perhaps there should be an experience requirement to offer comments? Geez.

And what's wrong with being a little encouraging to people anyway? People spend more time on here complaining about "useless comments" and posts being in the wrong area than they do offering sincere advice for the original poster sometimes. Please focus your expertise on the work, not on us "useless comment" people. :thumbup:
I'll insure more critical viewpoints in the future. Please allow those people who comment "incorrectly" to learn from the experts, as well as those who post images for commenting instead of just jumping to the conclusion of useless, inhibiting feedback. Let's also not forget that fortunately, photography is a subjective art and open to interpretation in many ways by many people.