My Bag just isn't big enough anymore

Creeker5

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking for a new bag with room to grow. I currently have a canon backpack I purchased with my first DSLR back in 2010.

Amazon.com Canon Deluxe Photo Backpack 200EG for Canon EOS SLR Cameras Black with Green Accent Photographic Equipment Bags Camera Photo

I was never really a fan of the bag, small, not very comfortable, etc. But it got the job done for the last 4 years.

I am looking for something that can hold my canon 100-200mm lens attached to my camera. As well as a few other lenses, accessories, tablet, etc. I would also like to be able to carry my tripod (SLIK PRO 700DX) attached to the backpack. Being comfortable and weatherproof would be nice also.

I would like to keep cost under 250.00 but if there is enough reason to spend more it is a possibility.

I have my eye on two bags I was wondering if anyone has used. I am also open to other suggestions.

1st Bag
Lowepro Flipside 500 AW
Amazon.com Lowepro LP36412-PWW Flipside 500 AW Backpack Black Camera Photo

2nd bag Lowepro Vertex 300 AW. This bag to me doesn't look that ascetically appealing but it seems to have everything I want.
Amazon.com Lowepro Vertex 300 AW Backpack Camera Accessory Bags Camera Photo

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
"You purchased this item on June 18, 2013." is what it said when clicked the first link lol! Yes, mine is WAY too small now too. I'm watching replies for input too.

I've never seen the Vertex bag, but based on your needs, this is the bag to get for you. I had a lot of Lowepro bags, and always liked them a lot, so it seems the way to go. That being said, I wouldn't want to carry the weight this kind of bag can take though...

I have the Clikelite Escape bag, love it. Plenty of room for all my stuff, comfy to hike with, holds my tripod.

I have the Clikelite Escape bag, love it.

Thanks I have never heard of Clikelite, looks like a nice bag. Added to my Amazon wish list for consideration :)

A neat (and unsung) thing about Lowepro that I discovered inadvertently.
I had a lowepro slingshot 300 and the zipper quit.
I called service about getting it repaired and the service guy just sent me a new one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back