My Beautiful Wife!!!

Yeah, I checked them out over there as well. Is it wrong that I'm bothered by how many views those kinds of photos get? But then someone posts something of real artistic value and no one gives a $hit?

By kinds of photos, I mean GWAC "pix".

GWAC is my word of the week this week.

Hey sex sells. Always has and always will. Its just sad that he has a studio and probably more gear then me and this was the best he could do. I have pics of my wife that are way hotter then this. But those will never be seen on the internet so they basically dont exist. LOL

I'm happy and proud that she allows me to display these. And again, to myself, she's super beautiful.

Shadow, please post more photos!!:)
Thanks!!! I appreciate the kind words....

Your wife is beautiful. It's good to see how much love you have for your wife. That's beautiful. At first, I felt it was a little personal to post some of these pictures, but I started to see how proud you are of your wife, and it makes sense. Good job.

Shadow, please post more photos!!:)
Thanks!!! I appreciate the kind words....

Your wife is beautiful. It's good to see how much love you have for your wife. That's beautiful. At first, I felt it was a little personal to post some of these pictures, but I started to see how proud you are of your wife, and it makes sense. Good job.

It's nice to see some kind folks here. I appreciate you taking the time and being positive. And I'm glad "you get it"!!! THANKS!!!!

I don't think anyone is disputing the beauty of your wife. But when shooting lingerie style images, there is a fine line that is easily crossed. When it comes to 'beauty' shots, less is always more. Better lighting, and improved posing could have helped these come out a lot better than they did.

I don't think anyone is disputing the beauty of your wife. But when shooting lingerie style images, there is a fine line that is easily crossed. When it comes to 'beauty' shots, less is always more. Better lighting, and improved posing could have helped these come out a lot better than they did.

I never said they were pro shots. Never pretended to be such. Simply just sharing. That's all. We're not pros... just having fun and sharing with the guys.

And again, everyone...
I'm not a professional. Not trying to be. Just simply sharing some images. That's it.
I know they're not professional.
If anyone has constructive ideas on lighting, etc... do share...

If anyone has constructive ideas on lighting, etc... do share...

99% of the world is going to look better short lit. The lighting in these is very flat and direct. Research short lighting and give that a try.

Studio Lighting - What Short Light And Broad Light Are | DIYPhotography.net

Broad and Short Lighting in Portrait Photography - YouTube

I'll check that out.
When I set up in my room, I use 3 strobes.. one in front, and two on the side. The one in front is more "direct" lighting. The two on the side are for partial side lighting, as well as for lighting the background to cancel shadows.
Sometimes I'll bounce my SB-600.

The two on the side are for partial side lighting, as well as for lighting the background to cancel shadows.

You don't want to cancel shadows. Shadows are a good thing if they are controlled. You can make your wife appear slimmer, and more flattering.

By canceling shadows you are actually making her appear flat, and heavier than you she really is. So in essence, you're doing more bad than good.

Things that are flatly lit appear broad, things that fade into the shadows appear slimmer. This is the reason that you always see male athletes lit from shoulder to shoulder, to make them appear broader and more muscular.

If you've ever taken an art class, one of the fundamental lessons you learn is shading. Most often you'll shade a circle to make it look like a sphere, a triangle to make it look like a cone, and a square to make it look like a cube. Think of lighting the same way. Highlights and shadows create depth and dimensionality. You don't want to cancel either of them.

Look at this drawing lesson. It's a flat circle on piece of paper, but by shading it you can make it look round and dimensional. Its the same principle with lighting.
How to draw and shade a sphere in pencil

Cool, next time I'll be trying thing differently. I'll be moving my strobes around, and not just "dead on".

LOL. I was going to comment on those amazing curves, but didn't think it'd be appropriate.

The problem is that you have taken a subject you are emotionally attached to and fiercely protective of, and displayed her in some suggestive poses, on a photography forum. The feedback you are getting is, for the most part, photography feedback. It's not an attack on your wife. Nobody is calling her a hag. Personally I think her clothing choice may not have been the most flattering for her shape, but if she's comfortable and wiling the go for it! However- when you post images- on a photography forum- you should expect feedback of said photography.

Don't let the haters get you down. People on TPF tend to concentrate on the negatives and forget to mention the positives.

They're not the best work ever, but there's a lot to like here. She's a cutie pie, and these are pretty flattering photographs. I think she can learn a few things about posing and you can learn a few things about lighting that will make a new shoot better, and it'll be a great fun process for both of you. You might even get some helpful tips on TPF, although I wouldn't count on it! Not only are many of the people here nit-picky wieners, they're actually pretty terrible photographers as well. Not all of them, and not even all the negative nellies. Just most of them.

Keep up the good work, and have fun with your lovely bride!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back