My best abstract..C&C please..

aliyawar

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I consider this photo one of the....(if not THE best),best abstracts of mine.....I leave it to you to decide.. C&C please.. :):)

Abstract-perturbance by AliYawar.M, on Flickr

If it was not abstract before being completely destroyed in post, it's probably not abstract afterward either.

Yeah, that probably sounds a lot meaner than intended, but as often said 'round here... PS is not intended to save bad photos from the recycle bin. Don't give up, keep at it. Learn what abstract really means. It's not an easy concept... you have to really start looking at your environment differently.

If it was not abstract before being completely destroyed in post, it's probably not abstract afterward either.

Yeah, that probably sounds a lot meaner than intended, but as often said 'round here... PS is not intended to save bad photos from the recycle bin. Don't give up, keep at it. Learn what abstract really means. It's not an easy concept... you have to really start looking at your environment differently.

Thanks...I am really learning the basic concept of abstract and I am loving the process...I have done a few abstracts(real abstracts,not psed pics like this one :),believe me,you can have a look at them in my previous posts:):))I am planning to do a series on abstract/minimalist photos here..please try to give C&C..it means a lot to me..Please try to give C&C on my water/hellfire shot also..I have been getting quite disparaging comments on that one but still some help from the masters won't hurt..i will greatly appreciate it..

You were not mean..just honest and for me,that's a million times more helpful than getting happy comments like"YOU THE MAN"..and getting stuck in the dilettante phase forever

Regards..:)

Very glad you did not take that the wrong way! For me, abstract art is easy to identify, but not easy to create.

Checked out your flickr, there's a really nice photo of a red flower on there (not abstract, but still a great photo!). Keep pushing yourself, don't rely on PS. It's certainly a tool and no different than a dark room when used properly, but as said... rarely does it make a bad photo much better.

This isn't abstract. You'll be much better off in the long run if you use Photoshop to enhance already strong images, instead of trying to rescue bad ones from the trash bin.

Some of the stuff on your Flickr is inspired work. You obviously have talent. Maybe take more time visualizing and composing your images pre-shot?

It just looks like you're still very early in the process of figuring out your style.

The central object, being more sharply focused than the rest of it, leaves me with the impression that You want this to be the main figure. And if it is "protruding", then we simply don't see what it is protruding from. So there is no meaning, either hidden or otherwise.

As for color, line, and form, there is no cohesiveness. Nor is it artistically balanced, so there is not much here to commend it.

As a composite artwork i liked it..... Of course it must be mile away variant of its original :D

Yes..it is a shining example of an over-Photoshopped image.

This isn't abstract. You'll be much better off in the long run if you use Photoshop to enhance already strong images, instead of trying to rescue bad ones from the trash bin.

Some of the stuff on your Flickr is inspired work. You obviously have talent. Maybe take more time visualizing and composing your images pre-shot?

It just looks like you're still very early in the process of figuring out your style.

Thanks..yes..I am growing as a photographer,I hope all the help from you guys will make me a good photographer :):)

The central object, being more sharply focused than the rest of it, leaves me with the impression that You want this to be the main figure. And if it is "protruding", then we simply don't see what it is protruding from. So there is no meaning, either hidden or otherwise.

As for color, line, and form, there is no cohesiveness. Nor is it artistically balanced, so there is not much here to commend it.

Thanks..I have done some more studying on the concept of abstract as well as nuances of photography..I will surely try to do better next time..you should try to give C&C on my other abstracts as well..I will really appreciate the effort..

Regards:)

I can't help it but that thing in the middle of your pic reminds me of an dirty air filter for quads. Practice makes perfect so keep on going.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back