my best digital work so far

They all seem kind of drab and you should reconsider calling #4 one of your "best". It has a nice composition, but it's entirely too noisy for use as even a newspaper print. It looks like a cell phone picture honestly. For a shot like that you have to pretty much get it right with the camera.

i think you have a great eye.

the comp in the first shot i love.

the contrast does lack a little, but that doesn't matter to me in these shots for some reason.

in fact i wouldn't change it if they were mine.

and i think the 4th is just too processed maybe.

i have an olympus e-500. just got it about 4 weeks ago, and yes, ive noticed quite a lot of noise. any suggestions on how to fix that when im shooting? ive done black and white for a long time now, and im just getting into the digital groove.

use a lower iso if possible . . . there is also software out there to reduce digital noise

well number 4 is just me going crazy with the filters on photoshop. it actually didnt have much noise. thank you for the constructive critisism, its nice to hear what people really think... not awkward silence or "oh, thats cool" like i hear in class lol. thanks guys.

i'm actually very very impressed with the first shot in your post. the composition is SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

i don't have a good eye when it comes to landscapes, and i would say you should definatly practice practice practice on the landscapes, no telling where you'll go with it, or how good you could get.

i like the edit of the hill one better.

i'm not fond of the other shot however.

fair enough. im glad you like it. what type of pictures do you shoot?

people, people, people.

i'd like to do some product photography, and i like light painting

i like people pictures, i think there isnt much thats more interesting than people. i have a people picture in my head i want to transfer to reality. ill post it when i do. i sometimes have a weird imagination and interesting dreams that id like to apply to photography. this isnt the last youll hear from me. good night!

I agree with newrmdmike that you have some eye for composition.

The things which need improvement at the moment are technical in nature, e.g. exposure, noise/iso and postprocessing, ... but you are lucky since this is normally easier to learn than the composition thing ;)

for sure you got the easy end of things in my opinion . . .

i would agree to lose a ton of my technical knowledge if i could gain equal insight into composition

yes i have technical problems, many of them. i keep wanting to blame the noise among other things on my camera but i know its me. i dont take enough time to make sure everything is right and dandy. my prof always says "the more time you take shooting the less youll take developing". thank you both for the compliment, its much appreciated, especially you mike, kinda shocked me with that one. i really have to go though. school in the morning. good night or morning or afternoon or whatever it is there to both of you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back