my best freinds wedding! C&C

hayleyfraser24

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
hayleyfraserphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was NOT the hired photographer for the day, I was a bridesmaid at my best freinds wedding and had other duties but of course I took my camera and tried to get a few sneaky shots without getting in the way of the proffessional, he was good about letting me take a few shots. I actually like the fact that they are not looking at the camera in the shots I got, im really happy with them considering it was just a some quick shots, the bride loves them too but what do you lot think!!!....... be kind, maybe im blinded by the fact that my best freind from school looks so stunning coz I just love them!:)

DSC04948.jpg

DSC04944.jpg

DSC04956.jpg

DSC04950.jpg

any comments and critique greatly appreciated!:)

IMO, while these are well focused and reasonably well exposed, imo they are a bit too contrasty and I think the framing could have been better.
Remember every picture that you crop to an non standard aspect ratio will, in the US, require custom matting and framing. I cropped these to 4:5 but they can be done to 4x 6 with not much difference.

#1 ignoring the selective coloring (that's a taste I don't have) again her back to a large dark area.

#2 she has her back to a big dark area - too dark and, imo, too much

#3 the heads are in the top right corner and all the rest of the image takes most of the picture.

#4 is the most successful I think but his eye sockets are dark.

dsc04948lll.jpg

dsc04944lll.jpg

dsc04956lll.jpg

Thanks lew, Ill look at re-cropping them, I really wanted to keep all of the dress in one but you are right about the custom matting and framing. And I agree with you on 4 about the dark eye sockets, I tried to fix this but they just ended up looking weird. Your advice is greatly appreciated :)

1 is all about the dress keep the dress in fram, the others you can crop

Most reactions

New Topics

Back