My Best Series yet!... I think.

JoshC.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all!
Here is my latest set of shots taken today. As always, C&C on the shot and editing is much appreciated.

1. ISO 100, 18mm, f/8, 1/500 sec, handheld.
5394132811_abac1f771f_b.jpg

2. ISO 100, 18mm, f/8, 1/640 sec, handheld.
5394726388_819fa25132_b.jpg

3. Probably my favorite picture I've taken yet :)
ISO 100, 18mm, f/8, 1/1000 sec, handheld.
5394730904_1f30e4b38c_b.jpg

4. ISO 100, 18mm, f/10, 1/640 sec, handheld.
5394724582_80c6dfa7eb_b.jpg

Thank you all for the feedback :)

I would like the second, but the sky is just too bright for me. So I choose the third as my favorite.

I like the little plant in the foreground of 1. But I think the part with the tree isnt as good as in 2 and 3.

I don't like 4 at all. It's purple?

Love them! Specially 1 and 3. Very dramatic looking. In the last one, the left tree seems a bit awkward, and the purple ish sky seems out of place.

Im getting jealous with all the people here posting beautiful snow pics. I've never even seen it... unless my freezer counts? Guess I'll have to go down to the beach....

Very nice set of images =) I can't decide if I like the 1st one or the 2nd one best. I love the composition of both of them, especially how the shadow runs diagonally to the corner. I definitely like seeing the whole tree in the 2nd shot better than just part of the tree, but some of the branches are washed out in the 2nd shot so it ruins it a little. So that's my long explanation of why I can't decide lol.

The sky in the 3rd shot just doesn't compensate for losing the shadow.

The 4th shot doesn't do anything for me. The purple just doesn't balance in with the white and the yellow of the sun. Perhaps if you were to color cast the entire photo purple it might look a little better, but I'm not even sure about that.

Nice job, and keep shooting!

#2 is my absolute favorite :) Definitely something I would frame and hang in my house :) lol

My problem with the 3rd is that I don't like the huge amount of sky compared to the tree and everything else... I just think it's a little too much

To me shot one is the strongest. it has more detail and I like the framing.

Shot two is next but as far as a lone tree goes there is a little too much going on in the background which for me loses the draw power the tree should have in the shot.

The fourth does not do it for me but that is more opinion then anything else.

Nice series.

To me shot one is the strongest. it has more detail and I like the framing.

Shot two is next but as far as a lone tree goes there is a little too much going on in the background which for me loses the draw power the tree should have in the shot.

The fourth does not do it for me but that is more opinion then anything else.

Nice series.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm surprised everyone like 1 the most :)

Second is the best, third is amazing but I love the shadow of the tree so much that I know what i'm missing when you cut it out. If only you could capture one with huge sky and tree shadow together.

Second is the best, third is amazing but I love the shadow of the tree so much that I know what i'm missing when you cut it out. If only you could capture one with huge sky and tree shadow together.

Thanks alot! I know, that would make an even better photo. Is that possible with a different lens? Perhaps a wideangle? I dont know!

best balance of light and dark in the first, plus the bare shrub in the foreground, which adds to the composition and feel of the whole image

on the lats - purple and yellow? perhaps not

best balance of light and dark in the first, plus the bare shrub in the foreground, which adds to the composition and feel of the whole image

on the lats - purple and yellow? perhaps not

Thanks Ken!

#2 is my favorite . It would look nice on my wall:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back