What's new

My best shot of the moon so far

TimVader

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 2, 2014
Messages
100
Reaction score
10
Location
Slidell, LA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hope the upload works. I shot with my 70-300mm on my D7000 F-9, 1/250, and ISO 100

No editing other than cropped, shot RAW

Screen_Shot_2014-06-11_at_9_19_00_PM.png
 
Last edited:
Oh well, I can't figure this uploading thing out. I keep getting an orange exclamation point. I tried photobucket also, no luck
 
Are you trying to upload a full-size image? If so, resize it down to 600-1000 pixels on the long edge.
 
I tried a direct upload, and photobucket IMG, neither worked. I mitt have just figured out doing it to my photo album though
 
Great shot! I'd adjust the white balance to get a more grey moon, but if it was orange when you shot it, keep it that way, and consider trying to frame it with some landscape or trees, so one can see that it was close to the horizon :)
 
While I do love moon shots, its goes to saying "If you've seen one, you've seen em all".


Very rarely will there be a moon shot that sets itself apart from the rest.


You did a good job for the gear you have.
 
I took this one Tuesday night at about 9pm. Tonight is a full moon, with weather permitting, I will be shooting it again. I just found out about the mirror lock function, so I am hoping to get it a little sharper this time.

I do agree, once you have seen one, you have seen em all, but this was more of a "holy crap, I cant believe I got a shot that like that too" kind of a post :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom