My boy, Duke.

jamesbjenkins

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.ballengerphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm posting this in People cause Duke might as well be human with as much personality as he's got. Feel free to redirect me, Señor Mod.

I haven't posted many images for community enjoyment and/or C&C, but I'm going to try to start doing that more.

1. The "Are you going to throw that tennis ball or what, dude?!" Face.

2. Single minded focus on the tennis ball

3. Monochrome shot - my favorite

4. If Duke had blue eyes...

---

Enjoy! Feel free to C&C or just share your own pup shots. I've never done pet photography for a client before, but this was fun. Getting a yellow lab to cooperate ain't easy!

Duke's Doggy super power:

Changing his eye color at a whim to enchant helpless onlookers

Interesting choices of framing and composition! Do you have any where we can actually see his whole face? :) (without distortion, I mean!)

Interesting choices of framing and composition! Do you have any where we can actually see his whole face? :) (without distortion, I mean!)

Ask and ye shall receive. I was trying for different looks than the other dozens of completely bland and normal compositions I have of him.

$Farewell Duke 120203-5.jpg$Farewell Duke 120203-8.jpg

I really like the first one. The eyes are crystal clear and the tones are even and inviting. I think the vignette works here too.

The composition is OK, but I think I would have liked it more if it was in portrait orientation.

The second photo is...I would not keep it...

It seems over-exposed, really soft on the dog, and the vignette just doesn't work..... :(

Most reactions

Back