my Butterfly Project 2019

@gk fotografie surprisingly Chattanooga is not a large city compared to Atlanta or Nashville, but the TN Aquarium is top notch. The complex of several buildings which also includes an IMAX theater is located on the banks if the TN River. Lots of beautiful landscaping and scenery outside as well. It's well laid out and good place to spend an entire day. We're a little over an hour away, so we go up on occasion.

Greta project idea! I like that you’re challenging yourself. Looking forward to seeing these.
Have you tried the 80mm macro?

Last year I tried a Zuiko OM 135mm manual focus lens with the butterflies, but I find focus peaking with mirrorless not very pleasant, plus a bit slow and that's absolutely my own, personal feeling, I know. I've a rather strange, hard heartbeat these days and that, when using longer telephoto lenses and applying macro, causes my body/arms to shake considerably and makes working with telephoto lenses just a bit more difficult, but like @Flying Panda says I should see this as a challenge and not as a problem. Had a 90mm few years ago, but I hardly use telephoto lenses, so I sold it! I think this project is fun to do and in more ways a challenge, but I'm not going definitively into nature/animals, so immediately buying a telephoto lens isn't my intention. My next project will be the conversion of a very old, Exakta macro bellow for Fuji X-mount and of course try it out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back