My Camaro (C&C please)

anglwngss

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been in my car club for about a year and a half. I've always had a point & shoot camera until a couple of months ago, when hubby got me a Canon Rebel t3i. I love it, and still shoot most pictures in auto mode, but I'm slowly learning the camera. In November, I'll be taking an online course aimed in helping me learn all the functions.

Anyway, mostly I use the camera to take photos of car related things, whether it's my own or another club members.

Here are a few shots I took yesterday in downtown Dallas. Any thing good, bad or other is appreciated. Also, they are photoshop processed. Is it better to post the originals or just these?

thanks again.

1. $Photo1.jpg

2.$Photo3.jpg

3.$Photo4.jpg

4.$Photo5.jpg

5.$Photo6.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics of a green car. My only comment would be to watch your background. In the first three, the background is a bit distracting and thus it draws the viewers eye away from the main subject, in fact, in the third one, the tower appears to be "sprouting from the back of the car. My request would be to number your images when you post them. This makes it a lot easier for a reviewer to refer to them, rather than having to scroll back and forth to ensure that he/she has the right one that they are commenting on. For the fourth one, again watch the background and you are shooting into the sun which places the subject in shadow. The fifth is not in focus.

WesternGuy

Less background more car. The last one has a big green distraction over the hood. Bright sun blowing out the detail in a few of the pics.

I love the Camaro in that green color. Saw one (in that same green paint scheme!) parked a while back outside a store I was shopping at, and just HAD TO pull out the ole' iPhone 4 and take some detail shots of the car...some of 'em turned out quite nicely. Again, I LOVE the new Camaro in that color!!! I always loved the '67 and '68 models, and this new body style hearkens back to those, yet with a modern flair. Anyway...yeah...I think car photography is a very difficult sub-genre...none of your pics are "all that", but as anybody who has taken pics of cars knows, it is a VERY difficult thing to do...it takes a TON of experience and skill to shoot good pics of cars. MUCH more difficult than people or landscapes or, well, many things. Keep working at it.

try earlier in the day, or later in the day. suns to high and too harsh in these. good portion of the car is blown out because it reflects so well. and as said, watch your backgrounds and get the car more into the photo. backdrops can be busy if they really work with the car. for instance the first one i like the background, but theres way more background then there is car. so the car no longer is the main subject for me. the background is. 2 and 3 has a neat tower in it. but the parking garage adds nothing to the photos and the car in relation to the tower would have likely worked better at a diffrent angle where the tower is maybe off to the side instead of right behind the car itself. just small things like that that will help you out.

There's a pretty obvious halo going on in the first... (at least there is for me. :p)
Did you brighten up the car or something like that?

Not too bad set. Car's don't really do much for me but the pics are pretty nice.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions! I'll definitely try to get better next time. :)

Most reactions

Back