My Cat - C&C please!

Simons

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey

Looking for some comments on some pictures of my cat. Would you have done it differently?

Here are the shots:

4862054262_a98780a1e1_z.jpg

4861429101_4c0ab9a6ef_z.jpg

4861435697_7b8470179b_z.jpg

All taken on Canon 7d and as i had just got it a Canon 100-400mm lens.

All comments welcomed and apreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Nic

I really like 1 and 2 good work getting at the cats level I think 1 would look pretty good in B&W

these were taken with 100-400mm?

I love #2! I wish you could see the whole ear, though

Cats communicate with their eyes, ears and whiskers, so IMO if you don't capture that, then the point is moot. It is a beautiful animal, but I'm afraid you were not as successful as the cat required. As the photographer it takes patience to capture that moment. I also think there are distracting elements in your shots, mainly the overexposed background. One thing you did capture well is a cat's non-chalant attitude.

My cats are gone now, but recently I've had the fortune to catch a couple. You can see them here and here.

Gratz on the new gear.......... even if it's Canon. :biggrin:

these were taken with 100-400mm?

Yes they were :lol:, i had literally just got it that week and i was outside trying some things out when my cat wondered over to see what i was doing so i tried some shots.

Cats communicate with their eyes, ears and whiskers, so IMO if you don't capture that, then the point is moot. It is a beautiful animal, but I'm afraid you were not as successful as the cat required. As the photographer it takes patience to capture that moment. I also think there are distracting elements in your shots, mainly the overexposed background. One thing you did capture well is a cat's non-chalant attitude.

My cats are gone now, but recently I've had the fortune to catch a couple. You can see them here and here.

I can understand what you mean about how the cats communicate, and by the distracting elements, other that the background, would those be the little white flowers? On reflection i can see how they could be seen as distracting.

Thanks for the comments!

every one of those pictures are great. I wouldn't do anything differently if I were you. Of course each of us have ideas of what we might like but not to say what you did was wrong. You know what I mean? Cool lookin cat btw!

I like them, my only complaint would be the horizon is always slightly tilted, maybe that's an artistic element you are adding. I'm also surprised by the lens choice, I was thinking these were shot on a 50mm at f2 or f2.8, how happy are you with the 100-400?

Beyond the Basics
Have you been at photography for awhile? This is the forum for more advanced discussion of photography, such as exposure methods, lighting, HDR, and other techniques and controls!

Nope, I don't see anything there about 'Photo Gallery', or critique. :lmao:

But these are for photos...... :thumbup:

Photography Beginners' Forum & Photo Gallery

Alternative Techniques & Photo Gallery

Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery

Photo Galleries

Ah apologies! Thanks for pointing that out!

I like them, my only complaint would be the horizon is always slightly tilted, maybe that's an artistic element you are adding. I'm also surprised by the lens choice, I was thinking these were shot on a 50mm at f2 or f2.8, how happy are you with the 100-400?

Yeah very happy with it, only had it a few weeks but the push pull zoom is great and the IQ has been good so far.
Only complaint is that its bloody heavy!

1. The cat is looking out of the frame, if you had perhaps put him/her on the left hand side of shot would be better especially since I see a person in the background lol.

2. Love this shot. Wouldnt change a thing.

3. Not doing much for me.

Keep on shooting.

Most reactions

Back