What's new

My cats. Shot with my new lens.

Chad Truss

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 23, 2009
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
Location
Minneapolis, MN
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just picked up a Nikkor 50mm f1.8 lens. I was playing around with it one morning shooting my cats Hunter and Gus. Of course I was using the max f1.8 setting.... lol

Hunter

3263805578_ba1917fbf2_o.jpg


3263805422_3b7fabd38b_o.jpg


3263805496_f365cfd30d_o.jpg


Gus
3263805296_01a4fea0f2_o.jpg


3263805250_989481de2a_o.jpg


3263805350_3bf4e76326_o.jpg
 
Nice cats. Good focus. Enjoyable play with widest open aperture (once you have picked up a f1.8 lens, you just HAVE to do it, don't you? I had to, too, when mine was new :D).

Hunter doesn't look TOO pleased with you approaching him from behind at first, but he accomodated well to being your model. But in the first he looks like he'd much rather jump up and scratch your eyes out ;).
 
Good shots, I think they could all do with a bit more exposure, particulary the ones of Gus, good captures.....
 
dont ya just love that lens?
 
Thanks for the comments.

I was trying to play with more exposure in Lightroom, but I was too scared that the whites were going to get blown out on Gus.

Hunter cooperated the best, Gus woke up with a camera in his face, so he wasn't posing for me.... lol

I absolutely LOVE this 50mm and the f1.8 it's so much fun to get in there and shoot stuff like this and actually have it come out sharp.
 
These are great...Makes me miss having cats. The blue eyes on Hunter are beautiful. Good shots man.
 
Thanks.

And the blue in Hunters eys was not doctored. I don't know how, but they just poped.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom