What's new

My Cherry- not like Mish C&C Please

oldhippy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
4,835
Reaction score
6,557
Location
kentucky hills
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit


I'm really happy with the little bit of progress.




Added a second shot
 
Last edited:
Sorry hippy but the plastic flowers don't work..... its spring ...get outside :)
 
That is outside, Does it look plastic. OMG my cherry is so old it looks plastic. lol
 
It looks a little dim to me. These might be in shadow, with some dappled light?

I would push the curves around a bit to bring up the highlights at least a bit, though. The flowers are white, no? Make 'em look a bit whiter..
 
I shot this wide open AP
What do I do in post processing, just have View NX2 until we get back from our cruise.
But better yet could I have done this in a better aperture setting
 
Aperture has NOTHING to do with it, it's just under-exposed and that could easily be corrected in View NX2.
 
If you look next to the dropdown menu for Picture Control (monochrome, Vivid, etc) there's a Launch Utility button. This allows you to create custom Picture Control settings.

THIS include a curves adjustment, if you click around a bit in it. It's a really really badly designed bit of user interface, but there it is.

Unfortunately, I don't see how to do a curves adjustment on a picture by picture basis. You have to define a new named Picture Control, with a curve, and then apply that to your picture. Which sucks. But it does kinda work..
 
Aperture has NOTHING to do with it, it's just under-exposed and that could easily be corrected in View NX2.

My question will follow. Do I have to adjust the brightness of all pictures I take ( in post ) using this setting. I do this because I want the blurred background.
Trying to get this figured out before our cruise next week. Again thanks for any and all advice. Ed
 
Blurred background looks good. Any chance you can add a flash? I'm a stickler for flash on flowers. Gives them the pop.
 
Yeah, just underexposed. as far as in shooting, if you were wide open, either up your iso or slow down your shutter speed. if you don't want noise, slow down shutter speed...but you'd need a tripod or something to rest camera on below say 1/60th depending on your hand holding abilities.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom