MY COMPUTER AND I NEED YOUR GOOD VIBES!!!

Well, my trouble shooter guy (who saved my LIFE last time my computer crashed) doesn't seem to think I'll lose my photos....

...however, he also doesn't think he can talk me through it. No biggie...I'll just take it in tomorrow morning and have it done. I tried to call the place today but they'd already closed when I discovered thsi problem.

sometimes the windows startup sequence can get corrupted. it happens from time to time, and that's that. your computer should be just fine...

sometimes the windows startup sequence can get corrupted. it happens from time to time, and that's that. your computer should be just fine...

with my last laptop it was the harddrive ... our admin tried 2 days to still get a partial backup of the harddrive, but it was completely wrecked so nothing could be rescued :(

last backup was 3 weeks before, but I lost all my firework images from last new years eve since those were taken after the backup :( Now I only got the small versions I posted on this forum ...

Well, just got back from the computer repair place...won't be til this afternoon sometime before he gets a chance to actually look at it, but from what I described to him that it was doing....he sounded pretty grim. :S

...and if it is something he can fix....backing it up will be $20 PER CD! And uh...well....I have a lot of photos! There is NO WAY I can afford that! If that is going to be the case, I will have them NOT do it, and I'll take my harddrive with me to Baltimore next week when I go to see Joe.

...I think I'm gonna be sick. :S

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

OMG! My stepdad just said "Well you don't HAVE to have a computer!"

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: He's hilarious! BAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

And the verdict iiiiis....

...my hard drive is toast. :S He's in the process of trying to save my photos by transferring them to a good hard drive...if it's successful, he'll let me take the good hard drive with me so I can back them up on Joe's computer when I go to Baltimore Tuesday, and I can return it when I'm done.

So uh...I need a new hard drive now. Someone find me a deal! :lol:

Mark (the tech guy) just called me and he said he's pretty sure he was able to get all of the files copied safely!!!! The only reason he's not totally sure was because he had no way of reading many of the files because they are in Canon RAW format, and he didn't have the software to view it.

It's costing me $70....but I am THANKING THE LORD right now.

Great news, Corry!

Most reactions

Back