What's new

My daughter C&C please??

tmjjk

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Mar 28, 2012
Messages
550
Reaction score
61
Location
Cleveland
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$IMG_8270.webp
 
Fairly good pose and frame, but "flat" light.

The light shows me that you are using the flash on camera. You ought to figure out a way to get it off your camera, which will improve the "modeling" of the light.

I think there is a cord available for that.
 
This looks a bit over-flashed to me...just a little bit too much flash. This is a pretty close to 1:1 match between background exposure level and flash exposure level on the foreground, which means you could darken the image a little bit quite easily without any sophisticated software enhancement methods, and have a somewhat more "natural-looking" shot of her.Her closest arm looks a bit overexposed, but her face is within the range of normal exposure readings I think. I've always felt that this kind of look is something the camera companies have striven for in their flash + daylight exposure metering and camera programming, so this is a look I have seen a lot over the last three decades, ever since automated flash exposures started becoming the norm. She's a lovely girl, and the photo shows that. She has a nice, quiet, self-assured expression on her face, and that's good.
 
Thanks! Good stuff. I am terrible with this flash stuff and am trying to wrap my mind around it. This was a flash test day :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom