Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Spontaneous portraits, not much planning
Light: two windows, ambient light.
50mm 1.8-lens, f2.5, 1/30, ISO 400

And yes, this is FANCY dress, she doesn't look like this all the time!

02wszframe.jpg

01wszframe.jpg

03wszframe.jpg

While I did not specifically say "Please comment" or anything like that, you may talk to me, all the same, I don't mind if you do...

Wow, I thought this was Marilyn Manson's bride :lol:

Very cool look.

Photo wise, I prefer the last two. There's a softness to them that is nice with the "harshness" of the look.

Cool pics, one thing I might have done differently would be to get her to stand a few feet in front of the cabinet so that you don't see her shadow and the cabinet would just be a neutral blurred background. They are fun though, like the way the make up draws you to her eyes.

Having her step forward would have moved me THROUGH the wall on the opposite side, I'm afraid, and it proved difficult to direct her so nothing next to the fridge door to the left and the right would show once she was stepped away from it. I was thinking the same, too, though. But given the absolutely spontaneous (think "snapshot-situation") making of these... ah well. ;) I just liked her outfit, as this is sooo NOT her. :D

She's got quite a complete "look" going on there...she seems to pull it off pretty well. It is quite a fashion statement. For a spontaneous shoot-or-miss-it-forever type of situation, I think you did alright. You got a good, generous exposure in the darkest tones, which is I think, the most critical aspect of indoor grab shooting--to get some detail in the blacks!

I love 3 because of the focus on her eye which makes it stand out!

I was worried many might find f2.5 too widely open for these, mostly so in 3, as the necklace is all thrown into blurriness already, but also I found her expression quite nice in that one (and the fact that the strand of hair threw her other eye into shadow), as she told me in that "role" or "part", she'd have to "look like I hated the whole world". And she quite succeeds in doing so in 3, I think. (She had to laugh so hard before one of the others, as I went: "Go on. HATE the world!" and she burst out laughing and couldn't look like it for a while ;).

Most reactions

Back