My Daughter

rufus5150

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.toddmckimmey.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my daughter; pretty much my one and only subject with the occassional picture of the yard's flora or one of our cats.

Any and all C&C welcome as I'm pretty new to this whole thing.

We had a fun day out in the back yard when I took this picture, but when I was going through the photos, there was this tear. I unfortunately had to crop the top of her head because the sky was completely blown out just above the crop point.

2344965012_ddd1d24dfa_o.jpg

And the next day, instead of an entire play day, she decided she wanted to help. Of course the weeding took twice as long, but it was fun to see her participate.

2344141739_ab3a580bb5_o.jpg

sweet photos. in the first i would try a fill flash...its good stuff. the second is a little too tilted for me but its sweet. Next time she is helping in the garden, try to get on your tummy and see if you cant get a photo of her face and her plants...would be super cute

I really like the 1st one, and I think it has alot of potential through post production. I think with aggressive color correction and subtle contrasts, you can make a statement with it.

Something along the lines of this, but without the jpeg compression:

2344965012ddd1d24dfao2mi8.jpg

sw1tch, you made her look so cold and lonely and sad and i LOVE it.

It's no wonder you want to photograph her, she's beautiful! I love both the photos all though the angle on #2 is a little too much for me. I like angles, I'd just maybe do a different one? She almost feel like she's going to fall over.
The tear is priceless.

Thanks for the feedback. I, too, think she's beautiful, but I've come the the realization that I'm slightly biased.*

I really like what you did with the image, Sw1tchFX. Can I ask (generally) what you did? I'm a GIMP user so generalities are better rather than specific paths for me, right now.

Right now I'm stuck with on-board flash (which means I basically don't use it) for any fill-flash and I've yet to get an image to turn out decently when attempting to use it as such, regardless of the machinations trying to set the flash exposure compensation. Is there any hope without a decent speedlite?

I included the 'angle' image because every time I look at it, I get a little jar from the angle and it creates a response in me I'd not thought about in terms of 'good or bad'. I'm glad to know now that it's jarring (in a bad way) at least to a few people so as to avoid it in the future. It was an experiment. I'd love to get her face when she's working in the garden, but that's physically impossible!

Thanks again for the feedback. Much appreciated.

*for excessively large values of 'slightly'

Love the first shot, aswell as wat Sw1tchFX did to it! I'd also like to know how he did it... :D

Beautiful girl...

Another thing I can see working with the photo is kind of to the opposite effect, and making is lighter and more angelic. I gave it a try - not quite what I was aiming for. I lost too much detail, and it looks somewhat overprocessed...Meh. Tell me what you think! :mrgreen:

girl.jpg

Wow. Two very opposite interpretations of the original image. Photography's a wonderful thing! I think I like both equally for different reasons. K8, I don't think the processed look hurts the image here at all.

I really like the K8 version.

My own take on this was to simply add to the original processing to bring out some color and pop the subject from the background a little.

1.jpg

...K8, I don't think the processed look hurts the image here at all.

Ok, thanks! :D I was just worried that it was taking awayfrom the photography side of things, turning it more into a PS project... Not that there's anything wrong with that, IMO.

And thanks, hauff! I like what you did - it's very natural, yet effective :thumbup:

Now having photoshop, I went back to the original CR2 and re-edited the image. Comments/critiques/suggestions, of course, welcome.

She is all GREEN now.
Everyone knows how much I like the colour green, but ... erm ... not as skin colour... :pale: Which is why I am not sure you went the right path when you re-edited your raw file ...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back