Self portrait/first pics with new 50mm!

Puscas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Bought the 50mm 1.8 today. :biggrin: Of course I had to fool around with it and why not torture myself...

Nothing too serious. Just stretching out my left arm as far as I could and standing next to a light. Oh, and a stern look. Too bad my nose is so big and the camera focused on that instead of my eye. Oh well, it's just the first of lots and lots of pics with my new toy...

dw.jpg

pascal

Self portraits are always hard, I would crop the right side a little, take the shirt collar out or clone over it. Possibly would look better in grainy black and white? Great shot all the same...

Self portraits are always hard, I would crop the right side a little, take the shirt collar out or clone over it. Possibly would look better in grainy black and white? Great shot all the same...

thanks for the tips. I'll give it a try. :thumbup:

pascal

Im too shy to try a self-portrait yet. :) I hate having picture taken of myself.

Good shot tho! Especially for not being able to see what you were shooting!

I love how sharp this lens is!!

1st pic -the D.O.F. feels funny in this pic... i truly struggle liking this shot and I feel that there is an overall better shot in there somewhere though

The second shot with the b/w conversion makes the difference I knew there was a better shot in there

1st pic -the D.O.F. feels funny in this pic... i truly struggle liking this shot and I feel that there is an overall better shot in there somewhere though

The second shot with the b/w conversion makes the difference I knew there was a better shot in there

I think it's because the focus is on the nose, but the eye is just sharp enough to draw attention too. So the viewer doesn't really know where to look. My mistake, but like I said: nothing too serious here. But thanks for looking!

pascal

Judging by the stubble, you probably would have benefited from a faster shutter speed.

DOF = bada$$

Most reactions

Back