My Favorite Place. B&W C&C

For me, the most interesting part(s) of this is the gradation in the hills emphasizing the arial perspective.

In the conversion, there isn't quite enough interest in the foreground to "anchor" the scene. Perhaps fiddling with exposure and contrast would improve things.

I strongly agree; wait for a warm sunset or a nice sunrise behind those hills!

For me, the most interesting part(s) of this is the gradation in the hills emphasizing the arial perspective.

In the conversion, there isn't quite enough interest in the foreground to "anchor" the scene. Perhaps fiddling with exposure and contrast would improve things.

I strongly agree; wait for a warm sunset or a nice sunrise behind those hills!

Yeah, this was never taken for any real purpose other than recording how it looks at this time of year. And it wasn't taken with a B&W conversion in mind, which is probably a large part of the problem. I need to find a scene that "speaks" B&W to me, so I can practice the conversion skills.

I am heading up there early in the morning, and really hoping for a great sunrise! That particular vista is east, so I'm hoping I'll get something nice. I may very well stay up there until sunset, but the sunset vista is not nearly as scenic.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back