Peru trip - finally got the photos up (lots of photos)

You hiked from Cuzco to Machu Picchu??? Wow, that's along trip, how log did it take?

What happens is they take you to the first camp site by bus, which is a 2 hour drive from Cusco. That's where you start hiking from. And, from there on it's a 3.5 day hike. 8 to 10 hours of hiking every day, and the 4th day it's just a 2-3 hour hike from the camp site to Machu Picchu.

So... I need to go there NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow... I loved the journey that I took looking at the photos. I felt like I was there.

So... I need to go there NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow... I loved the journey that I took looking at the photos. I felt like I was there.

I'm glad you enjoyed them :)

Antarctican said:
How do you get back? I take it from the fact you called it a 3 1/2 day hike that you take a bus or train back?

No, the 3.5 day hike is just the hike itself. Once you get to Machu Picchu, you take the bus down the mountain to Aquas Calientes, and then you get on the train that takes you to Ollayantambo. Then we (my wife and I) took a taxi from there to Cusco, but you can also take the train from Aquas Calientes that goes straight to Cusco. Then we took the bus to Nasca to see the Nasca Lines and then another bus to Lima.

Amazing photos, I like the vast majority of them. I will officially add Peru to my travel list. Feel free to ignore this question, but how much did the whole hiking trip cost?

Thank you!
The whole trip (17 days) was about $2,500 per person. This included everything. Flights, daily tours, Nazca Lines, Machu Picchu, the fully furnished apartment with internet hook up for 3 weeks in Lima, hotel in Cusco, food, etc. It's actually not that bad. The hike itself was $450 per person.

Last edited:
Thanks! The hike was tough but totally worth it. :)

And for all that was included, the price isn't bad at all! What an adventure.

^^ very cheap. And you get to see so much!

Bump, for those who haven't seen these yet :)

What a great series. Thanks for sharing:D

Yer welcome! :D

Thank you! :) You have to. It's totally worth it.

Most reactions

Back