My Favourite So Far - Nature Pic - C&C

Bingo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'd thought I'd toss up one of my favourit shots I've gotten since I'm a new member and relatively newly into really developing my skills and learning how to be a better photographer.

I'm hoping to learn the technical aspect of how to consistently get shots that I'm really happy with and refine my artistic skills to consistently create opportunities to get those good shots.

With all that in mind, here's my favourite that I've gotten so far.

This was an Osprey nest that I would pass each morning on my way to work and kept thinking it would make a great picture. So I finally stopped thinking about it and brought my camera to work for a few days until the lighting and clouds looked about right.

The only thing I would change is the one straggling tree in the lower left hand corner. I actually have a version where I've edited that out however I'm also a bit of a purist. If I'm tossing a picture up for critique and comments I feel it should be straight out of the camera and not edited up. Heh. I'm weird that way.

Thanks for any comments, suggestions, criticism, flames or offerings of booze and beer.

2468512917_5df5f8d7c3_o.jpg

Great shot, love the dramatic lighting. I love silhouette photographs with interesting skylines. Another thing I truly love is when you expose just enough detail in the silhouette with a bit of fill flash. I've seen that technique in the magazines, just never really personally found a composition worth trying it on. But awesome pic...love it

I like the colors too, but I find it a little dark. I also wish the bird were somehow bigger.

I'd thought I'd toss up one of my favourit shots I've gotten since I'm a new member and relatively newly into really developing my skills and learning how to be a better photographer.

I'm hoping to learn the technical aspect of how to consistently get shots that I'm really happy with and refine my artistic skills to consistently create opportunities to get those good shots.

With all that in mind, here's my favourite that I've gotten so far.

This was an Osprey nest that I would pass each morning on my way to work and kept thinking it would make a great picture. So I finally stopped thinking about it and brought my camera to work for a few days until the lighting and clouds looked about right.

The only thing I would change is the one straggling tree in the lower left hand corner. I actually have a version where I've edited that out however I'm also a bit of a purist. If I'm tossing a picture up for critique and comments I feel it should be straight out of the camera and not edited up. Heh. I'm weird that way.
00.gif

Thanks for any comments, suggestions, criticism, flames or offerings of booze and beer.

2468512917_5df5f8d7c3_o.jpg

wow, great shot, it makes me feel nostalgic for some reason lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back