My film summer in Europe

manny212

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all iyts been quite a long time since I've been around these parts ! I hope everyone is well !

I was temporarily assigned overseas for a few months recently , and I discovered a few things about my photography..

1. Less is more = I took gear most of which I never picked up .. It was either my F3 or Fuji 100s ..

2. I am a film lover. = all of these examples will be film, I had my F3 with my 35mm F/2 ais with me at all times ..

Film used as either Portra 160 or 400TX ...

Guys there are cheap places in Prague to develop and scan your images while returning your negatives and darn right cheap !!!

Hope everyone is having a great Summer M.

Neuscwanstein Castle, Germany by manny herreria, on Flickr

Praugue Castle by manny herreria, on Flickr

Prague Castel by manny herreria, on Flickr

Fresh fruits at market by manny herreria, on Flickr

Petrin Tower, Prague by manny herreria, on Flickr

Locks by manny herreria, on Flickr

Czech Street life by manny herreria, on Flickr

Great set but King Ludwig's castle for me...................

Great set but King Ludwig's castle for me...................

Thank you !! And HAHAHA !! But I will tell you, there are castles everywhere it seems ! HA!

Yes, lots of castles in that part of the world but that one is my favorite........

Nice set, very nice. And good to see you on here again.

I like the tower thru the trees in B&W, and the fruit looks like I could reach out and take a nibble! I like the color of Portra.

Too bad it's too far to run over there and drop off film! lol

Nice set, very nice. And good to see you on here again.

I like the tower thru the trees in B&W, and the fruit looks like I could reach out and take a nibble! I like the color of Portra.

Too bad it's too far to run over there and drop off film! lol

Thanks for for the kind words .. That tower image is one of my favorites ..

And if thats how you feel about the fruit , then i guess my job here is done ... :) :) :)

Portra is fantastic , I do lke Ektar but only in the lower ISO range ..

And yes , I had a freaking field day taking my film in, getting it developed and scanned for under 6 dollars a roll ... WOW

All fantastic images but really like the first one. Where you took image 3 from looks almost exactly where I took this one from. Must be a photographer thing :)

prague.jpg

Good to see you back here! Nice pics.

Nice photos Manny. How would you compare Ekatr to Portra? Where would you use one over the other and why?

Hey Alan , here is my take.

I like to use Portra more often than not especially when shooting people , i just prefer the way it renders skins tones better.
here is an example of Portra ( cant remember ISO ), just love the tones . ( Pentax 6X7 , medium format )

Smile by manny herreria, on Flickr

Ektar I find to be a bit more punchier ( If even a word ) lets say a bit more saturated. 100 Iso good for shooting outside w plenty of light obviouly. Here is an example of Ektar ... same Medium format.

Splash by manny herreria, on Flickr

I like them both , but if I know i'm shooting a person , I will go Portra

Most reactions

Back