My final shots

ElliottB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are the last few shots that I will ever be taking with my $50 point and shoot. Once I get some time I am taking my new setup out on the road for some real gems. Just wanted to share a couple that weren't too awful for a cheap little camera. Any input on lighting/composition/etc would be much appreciated.

1. St. Louis Arch

S5001060.jpg

2. Cobblestone

S5001062.jpg

3. Daisy!

S5001180.jpg

4. A very creepy hotel in Montana. The yellow hue gave it a good effect in my opinion.

S5001173.jpg

5. Same hotel.

S5001172.jpg

6. Downtown Louisville, Kentucky. This one has got some serious issues.

S5000568.jpg

edit: Daisy is actually an Australian shepherd mix.

Last edited:
i like the last photo
its very nice really

The first one is an attempt to photograph the St Louis Arch in a manner I haven't seen before. It is a bit bright, I don't know in what mode you used to use your "$50-Point-and-Shoot", but if you used it in AUTO all the time, that'd explain the tendency to overexpose. I find, most cameras on AUTO do that. A touch darker and some more contrasts and that first photo'd be even better.

The second suggests that your new purchase may well come into good hands: you seem to see and go for interesting points of view, which I appreciate.

Downtown night pics with wet roads tend to look good. I like that last one, but that one, too, seems a bit too bright.

(Was that hotel any good? Doesn't look precisely high class - or did you go exploring and ventured into their service basement?)

Thanks for the input! The hotel was pretty creepy all in all. It looked like it was straight out of "The Shining."

Most reactions

Back