My first assignment (big pics)

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I got my first... assignment, I don't know, I wouldn't call it a job because I didn't get payed for it. Anyway I was tasked with taking pictures of San Antonio for some travel websites, so I got some shots of the sky scape, the river-walk and the Alamo.

I think I did pretty great with the sky scape...I mean, SA doesn't have much of a skyline :/

What do you think?

DSC00277.JPG

DSC00283.JPG

DSC00308.JPG

Reduce your photo size / file size, and I'll have a look. Waiting for these is like having dialup again.

HOLY DICKS those are huge pics, i didn't have to wait for them to load though.. my internet is the sex tbh. But ummm, yea, Idk any cc, I was flabbergasted by the huge pics.

I had to wait about 10 seconds to see these big pics. They are nothing special,unfortunately. The cropped-off arm of the guy shooting the photo of the first building is distracting. The streamside scene in the middle has a big burned out area in the venter, and that is very distracting. The skyline shot ,is, well, boring; had you waited until sunset time, or shot art sunrise time, it might have been more visually rewarding.

Yeah, they're big. I know they're the same file size regardless, but they aren't huge unless you click on them. They fit within the forum since it automatically resizes them until you click them. Not much sense in evaluating something 10x smaller than it actually is, title will tell you not to bother with it if you don't bother with large images.

I don't do tiny pics

Yea, not to be mean as you just got critiqued by derrel but these shots are snap-shotty, no special angles, no composition, lack of creative exposures.]

Yeah, they're big. I know they're the same file size regardless, but they aren't huge unless you click on them. They fit within the forum since it automatically resizes them until you click them. Not much sense in evaluating something 10x smaller than it actually is, title will tell you not to bother with it if you don't bother with large images.

I don't do tiny pics

Flickr.

man this sucks being deployed the internet is so slow they didn't even load... they stoped half way....

I don't do tiny pics

Not much sense in evaluating something that's 4x your screens resolution. They're the same file size because you saved and uploaded the originals at maximum resolution. It's not efficient to do that, because while I have a 15 megabit connection, not everyone else does. Large files = long load times, since it has to load the entire image to scale it.

Make them 1000px on the longest side and call us in the morning.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back