My first attempt at an actual product

ndcisiv

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not my typical type of photography, but this was my first attempt at doing a product shoot (for practice). Wouldn't mind any C&C, and you don't need to be nice.

Not my typical type of photography, but this was my first attempt at doing a product shoot (for practice). Wouldn't mind any C&C, and you don't need to be nice.

It does make one stop and think, all right - would this be for advertising the couch or the bookshelves?

Yep, background is way too busy. I'd use a backdrop cloth or paper to have no background at all. Make it vertical with just the product, fit's better in a printed media that way as well.

I am not a product type photographer but I like the lighting for the bottle and glass.
The background looks placed there rather than the bottle is actually there. Does that make sense in my extremely limited photo expertise?

I appreciate it everyone, thank you. I was going for an environmental type of shot but I see what you're saying. Probably too much going on. I'll have to work on some other background ideas going forward.

I agree with the busy background comments. If you wanted to use the background, I would suggest moving the bottle to the center of the circular bench. The bench would then be a leading line wrapping around the bottle in the background. Darken and blur the background of books too. The tone and sharpness of the bottle is very good. I didn't see any distracting reflections on the bottle which is hard to get a clean look, but yours looks clean and clear.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back