My first attempt non boudoir :)

cauzimme

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yesterday my friend and I rent a cheap motel room for a shoot, she's in a agency and her agency is interested to see more of my work, the non boudoir part.

So here's the first 4 shots I had time to edit :)

I went to the Salvation Army, and we styled the looks.
I had an another model (no experience) who gaves me **** for not having a stylist so she blew me off, I hope she'll like the photo and hate herself :)

DSC_9029 copy 2.jpg

DSC_9145 copy.jpg

DSC_9201 copy.jpg

DSC_9280 copy.jpg

Last edited:
These seem a little noisy to me, it takes away from the detail in the face and hair. Other wise I like them. :)

As for the girl that wants a stylist, price what a stylist cost add 50% and tell the girl that's what the stylist cost if she wants one to be there. If she will pay that upfront, then get the stylist. :)

Hey I like these, love the fun concepts too. #2 just stands out for me, love the wardrobe and light. Pose and expression compliment. Well done!

These seem a little noisy to me, it takes away from the detail in the face and hair. Other wise I like them. :)

As for the girl that wants a stylist, price what a stylist cost add 50% and tell the girl that's what the stylist cost if she wants one to be there. If she will pay that upfront, then get the stylist. :)

It was a TF shoot
We found a MUA who wanted photos for his port and my friend was looking for a look more femme fatale for her port. So it's a win win. The other girls wanted photo to build her port, but told me that it was unnaceptable for her to work without the proper equip. Too bad, I think we did well as a small team.

...The other girls wanted photo to build her port, but told me that it was unnaceptable for her to work without the proper equip. Too bad, I think we did well as a small team.
"Ummm... darling, it's TF. If you want the proper equipment, you should have brought it!" would have been my response followed, "Don't let the door hit your arse as you leave!" I think you did well with these, 'though I think the lighting could be refined a bit. For what & where, you done did good.

...The other girls wanted photo to build her port, but told me that it was unnaceptable for her to work without the proper equip. Too bad, I think we did well as a small team.
"Ummm... darling, it's TF. If you want the proper equipment, you should have brought it!" would have been my response followed, "Don't let the door hit your arse as you leave!" I think you did well with these, 'though I think the lighting could be refined a bit. For what & where, you done did good.

Thanks,
I should have say that! That's the perfect answer :) Instead I just say, fine I understand.
Thinking to myself, she's not even a pro and is acting like a diva, wrong way to start in business.

First of all, that's a very lovely model. Beautiful.

Second, my overall comment of the group of photos...watch the clutter. There are a lot of visual distractions. For instance, #1....I'd go with a narrow DoF and blur that railing outside. #2....I wish you could eliminate those lights at the top of the mirror over her head. #3...it's clean. #4....maybe the clutter on the table works but when you add in the reflection off of the window and the bright table lamp, there's a lot of visual distraction.

I like all of the poses, think they're very effective. I wish the lighting on her face for #4 was better...too much shadow for my taste.

I hope you get more opportunities to work with her. Lovely stuff.

The other girls wanted photo to build her port, but told me that it was unnaceptable for her to work without the proper equip. Too bad, I think we did well as a small team.
:048: Personally her leaving sounds like you dodged a bullet. She would never be happy with anything. And what kind of proper equipment did she think was so vital??? :angry:

Like the shots, the poses and the look in general but #2 looks a bit over-processed to me. Looks almost like HDR gone wild. This is an old laptop so they may look very different on a good monitor??

Hi there... By the way, I think your work (including #2) is awesome. You are a true artist. Hoping you get that gig.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they look real nice. #3 is my favorite. I am not sure but the shadows in 1 and 4 throw it off for me but I don't know anything other than I know what direction the light came from which would aid me in getting the highlights in the right position if I were doing an oil painting.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back