My first attempts at weddings CC please

CarlosFrazao

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi guys I'm still new to the world of photography and learning loads, at the moment I'm enjoying wildlife as that is a challenge in its own right but recently got the chance to 2nd shoot two weddings. Please let me know what you guys think as I still do need to learn a lot and please give me some CC to help improve

1) this was shot in the mountain valleys and was a little farm wedding
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2) this was a more traditional wedding
image.jpeg

Not a bad first effort; In #1 I think the bride could have been turned slightly relative to the lens axis, and maybe pull the white point down a hair, but overall, the exposure and image look pretty good. #2 should have been a winner, but for me the bride's expression and the groom's position kill it. She looks like she's waiting for a bus and he looks like he's about to shake her. The whites are definitely a bit hot in her dress and the image seems somewhat out of level. The last one is nice as a casual shot, good lighting and happy bride.

Excellent first attempt especially when second shooting. You don't have control with so you have to be quick on your feet. The couple will be very happy with these photos.

Thanks a lot for the advice guys, it really is tough being the second shooter as the eyes are never on you and have to push yourself in to get some nice shots lol.. Most people here actually like the blown out white look lol

I don't see a wedding, a girl in a field, a couple in a field and a girl in a car, but no wedding unless this is some celtic ritual wedding. The pictures seem alright but not what I'd call a wedding, maybe pre or post wedding.

I don't see a wedding, a girl in a field, a couple in a field and a girl in a car, but no wedding unless this is some celtic ritual wedding. The pictures seem alright but not what I'd call a wedding, maybe pre or post wedding.

He wasn't a primary. These shots complement the primary's shots but they don't tell a story on their own.

Oh, I see, so then he wasnt allowed inside during the ceremony. That makes sense then, thanks for the information, I didnt know it worked like that.

I think for a first attempts you rock it! The second photo would have been better with a more happy face, she's not really connecting with her husband, but hey you did a great job!

Oh, I see, so then he wasnt allowed inside during the ceremony. That makes sense then, thanks for the information, I didnt know it worked like that.

i for one couldn't care less for ceremony photos as i wasn't the main shooter, i have lots of them and some nice ones too but my job was to get the extra pics that one would not get as main shooter.. even with my own wedding i haven't even opened the ceremony or guest or whatever as I'm not gonna print any of them I'm gonna print my couple shoot and nothing else so thats the most important part of a wedding

I think for a first attempts you rock it! The second photo would have been better with a more happy face, she's not really connecting with her husband, but hey you did a great job!

thank you very much, unfortunately it wasn't my shoot so i couldn't tell the couple how to pose and such but tried to catch that extra photo at a different angle and so.. only started photography about 8 months ago and feel that i have come along way in a short time.. p.s love your photos ;-)

i for one couldn't care less for ceremony photos as i wasn't the main shooter, i have lots of them and some nice ones too but my job was to get the extra pics that one would not get as main shooter.. even with my own wedding i haven't even opened the ceremony or guest or whatever as I'm not gonna print any of them I'm gonna print my couple shoot and nothing else so thats the most important part of a wedding
It wasn't the most important part to me. :) Everyone has different ideas about what's most important at a wedding. To me it's the ceremony and dance.

The only thing I would change is in the last photo, there is a white spot on the door frame of the car I would clone out. but it isn't a big thing at all.
You did a really great job on these! :)

Most reactions

Back