My first-born son

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This photo is not up here for critique: I can see ALL the flaws there might be. To my shame I must admit that that was the stage of my photography 20 years ago.

I'm putting this up in honour of my first-born son Kristian whose birthday is today and he would have turned 30 today. Alas, he was only given 10 years to live, he suddenly died in December 1990.

This photo was taken in January 1990, and you can see Kristian and his little brother (my son of 21 today, the geologist-in-the-making).

I might be putting up this (and the thread as such) as I find it extremely difficult to imagine I'd be the mother of a 30 year old (!) - and maybe even a grandmother already. Who knows? We were never given the chance to find out...

kristianflorian.jpg

(So, yes: I see the harsh shadow, I see the severed limbs, I see ALL the flaws! I don't even remember what camera this one was taken with, I didn't have my SLR before 1999...)

I'm very sorry for your loss.
Ditto here. I always find it really difficult to find the right words to say in these instances...

I see a very nice family snapshot here. If I were you, I wouldn't be too worried about the alleged 20-year-old imperfections, nor would I be ashamed... I'd be proud, actually :)

Our thoughts go out to you on this day of remembrance ,

Thank you for sharing with us this photographic memory of your departed son,and thank you for your candor and courage in this post. I think it's difficult for us to know what to say at a time like this, but I find your words very humbling and very touching, emotionally. I'm sure the thoughts of everybody who reads your post and sees your photo will go out to you.

So sorry for your loss.

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal."
~Author Unknown

Thank you for sharing.

-

I am so sorry for your loss. The wonderful thing about photography of people closest to you is there really can never be any flaws.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back