My first born

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all, I haven't posted in a while as my little girlfriend here has been keeping us pretty busy. I took some pics of our recent addition, and I particularly like this one. I would like to improve on it though, and was wondering what would make it better. I'm going to have to do something better for lighting to eliminate those shadows and do a better job on the crop next time, but otherwise I like it. Care to share your thoughts? What about the tones? Composition?

Ellen3a.jpg

Nice shot! And PRECIOUS little one!

On improvement...maybe another light from her feet or move near a window for the additional light if you don't have the extra slave flash. Other than that - maybe a diffuse filter effect to soften things up a bit? To help focus on the little one's face?

Also, hide the diaper!:mrgreen:

Very nice capture. I had to take some pics of a little boy recently and was not happy at all with the results. This one is very nice.

Eric

Overall this is a good shot. I agree about some additional lighting. My Wife and I have a 3 week old little boy and I've taken about 400 shots of him in 3 weeks.

The best advice I can give is 1) always have the camera close by and 2) wait until they are sleeping! Once asleep, you can move their hands and feet around however you want ;)

Beautiful image. Very well done.

how can you improve on a perfect child... this is such a sweet shot...

i love it...kinda wish mine was back that size....(easier to control his world at that age...now, too many people can hurt him, and i cant protect him always...)

Most reactions

Back