my first boudoir shoot.

Definitely post more when you're done :)

Ok, I'm feeling like I have to defend my opinion. As a woman, if that was me, I would be embarrassed and think I looked masculine. Her biceps looks huge, her arm looks hairy, the lighting on her stomach alludes to a 6 pack which in itself is masculine, women tend to have more toning and less muscle built in the abs. Her fingers look blocky since they are holding the weight of the wine bottle. The lipstick in that photo looks awful, but I think its the lighting because it looks fine in the second.

Like 12 said, she's got a body builder's body. Thats about as opposite of feminine as it gets. She probably looks amazing, just that photo doesn't show it. Its also more of a product shot than b-shot ;)

Sorry 12, I'll stop yammerin :) Looking forward to seeing more :)

The lighting gives it more of a glamour shoot feeling than boudoir in my opinion. I would suggest taking a look at another member, Rub, and the style she does. Boudoir tends to be a more soft and diffused look.

Your fine Bossy. this is the most discussion I have gotten with a set of posted photos so I'm taking it all in. The good and the bad. though this seemed to have more bad then good lol.

Tee i've seen allot of Rub's shots and they are all usually excellent. I just didnt feel like going soft on a direct face shot would work well. Could be I am also limited on my skills, I know the majority of places I post these to I won't get nearly as much criticism, which is why I choose to post them here. I want to disect every shoot I do and always improve on the work i'm putting out.

Maybe next time I try this i'll put her more at a 45 degree angle and pull her left arm back so im not looking directly at it like I am in this one? Another mistake I made was taking about 3 shots per glass fill. not enough time for my alien bee to recycle. i think i'll go with one shot per fill.

Ok, I'm feeling like I have to defend my opinion. As a woman, if that was me, I would be embarrassed and think I looked masculine. Her biceps looks huge, her arm looks hairy, the lighting on her stomach alludes to a 6 pack which in itself is masculine, women tend to have more toning and less muscle built in the abs. Her fingers look blocky since they are holding the weight of the wine bottle. The lipstick in that photo looks awful, but I think its the lighting because it looks fine in the second.

Like 12 said, she's got a body builder's body. Thats about as opposite of feminine as it gets. She probably looks amazing, just that photo doesn't show it. Its also more of a product shot than b-shot ;)

Sorry 12, I'll stop yammerin :) Looking forward to seeing more :)

Yes, fit, strong women are masculine. All feminine women need to be whimpy,skinny,anemic doughballs. Do I have that about right? So, to be feminine she needs a flabby tummy, pencil-thin arms, and skinny fingers? Right? Your idea of "feminine" seems quite out of date...kinda' 17th Century...

Bossy don't get me wrong, I hear what you're saying, I absolutely do not think the first shot does her anything for her. That being said, from what I can see she just seems to have a more athletic body type. I'm kind of afraid to be agreeing with Derrel here :lol:

okay, here's another one. sooc

0002 by JayC photography, on Flickr

I would go through all of your pics before you post more so you can choose the best of the set for people to look at. Straight to the point CC, this looks like an accidental shot. Her body is awkward and falling out of the frame, odd focus, her hand is a blob, and you cut her face in half. However 1 point for showing everyone she is clearly female!

strong is sexy....

Boudoir is not generally soft...some people do it that way, but most people who are actually good at it don't.
Most professionals who shoot boudoir, it is a style choice, with wide open f-stops which gives a very sharp area of focus and then the focus fades out.

The reflections didn't bother me. Most people won't notice those little nits....don't get caught up in spending hours cleaning up all that little stuff.

Take that first shot, do the crops I suggested earlier and that will take a lot of the "manly look out of it that some people don't like". Next time try shooting with a larger f-stop.

Nm. Agree to disagree.

Last edited:
I second Shortpants on the second CC. She's got some smokin calves! Do you have some similar that are pulled back?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back