My first casualty..

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, 10 or so years of photography and I've had my first casualty of the game.. I'm usually quite careful with my equipment, but I was rushed and didn't properly pad my camera in a water tight bag when taking it out on my jetski to go Bald Eagle shooting up in the north woods of Wisconsin. A couple big waves crashing into the hull, and that's all she wrote..

Already have my Nikon repair order submitted but I'm reeeeaaalllly hoping it comes in under the $350 estimate. At least everything else still works, just a busted screen. I also still have my D800 with me, but my eagle shooting is probably over for the trip...

20190803_100608-1612x1209.jpg

Im with ya.

Lost my 1Ds to a fall along with a 35-350 lens.

My sorrows for you.

Bummer. Yeah, **** happens, but no body's happy about it. Hope it's not too costly.

I dropped my 5d with my Sigma 150-600 Sports lens last month. It landed on the hood of the lens. Just broke the screw that fastens the hood to the lens. I have the accident insurance on it and it didn't cost me a thing for the repair.

omg so sad........

Well, I got my D500 back. Unfortunately they didnt reduce the estimate.. totalled $368. But, for that, they also replaced the bayonet mount and turned the AF system. I didnt think about it but I bet the mount got bent because I had my 200-500 attached. That's a lot of weight hitting it. At least I'm back to full strength!

Most reactions

Back