My first computer

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
@Gary A. and I were talking tech the other day and I rambled on about what my first one was, trashed picked PC, long story. I knew I had a pick of her but I had to scour the hard drives on the server. I edited it a bit because I was an ignorant then. I luckily was able to pull to make it post-able for my low standard. We had some good laughs talking tech, Gary is a real good dude. Anyway, this is in my still vacant building / studio / bar in Detroit but should close in February. It is going to be converted to lofts.

I just noticed I wore the paint off developing applications for OS/2. Oh my, what a waste of time that was but I did get paid.

My Original Computer.jpg

Last edited:
Looks a little further along from the teletype that I learned to play Oregon Trail and Lunar Landing on. Lol.

Good Shot, It is a great example of black and white portrait photography.
That would be a good spot for portraits but getting people up there is problematic, the building is in serious disarray, not to mention the dangerous criminal element of the area in Detroit. The good news is the area is being transformed by development of affordable housing and shopping. It's right on the edge of downtown.

Nice edgy black and white.
You even had one of those copy holders stuck on the side of the system.

Ooh the good old days. I miss the Commodore Pet and Apple ][+ and //e with CP/M.

edit: my first dos/windows machine was an 8088 processor with override to 20mhz clocking. I ran windows 2.1 on it to with PageMaker and a couple other desktop publishing software I cannot remember the names of. Made good money with that while in school with a typing business.

Last edited:
Wasn't this in a Twilight Zone episode?? no, maybe a Columbo.

It's a really cool shot.

I had a TRS-80. No fancy color or floppy drive, though. Cassette drive only.

Most reactions

Back