My First Developing Try + Colour from B&W

K_Pugh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Well this is the first time i've shot with B&W film, and the first time i've developed my own film. I didn't take too much care or time over the shots as i really just wanted to try developing and wasn't too sure if i'd mess it up anyway.. so here goes..

img001.jpg

img003.jpg

img005.jpg

img006.jpg

img007.jpg

img012.jpg

img015.jpg

img017.jpg

img018.jpg

img019.jpg

img021.jpg

img023.jpg

img025.jpg

img028.jpg

img029.jpg

This photo was just a rough slap-together try from low resolution images to see how well the colour could come together. I'll scan high resolutions negatives later and do it properly.

Basically 3 shots, each shot taken with a Red, Green and a Blue filter, then layered together in photoshop and colour added to the respective image.

ColourfromBlackandWhite.jpg

Any comments very welcome, especially about the developing, does it look ok to yous? or anything i could look out for in future.

Kev.

thanks..

yeah lefty! nicely spotted.

I really like 6,7,11. awesome stuff I find developing my own b&w sooo fun

I'd say the negs came up perfect. What film and developer did you use? Scanner?

I really like the waterfront shots. Kinda eerie with all that emptiness.

thanks for the comments.

Film was Ilfords HP5, developer Ilfords Ilfosol S, stop was Ilfords Ilfostop, and the fixer was Ilfords Rapid Fixer.. didn't have any Photo-Flo so i just gave the last two rinses a rinse with distilled water.

The scanner i used was the Epson Photo RX520, one of these all-in-one printers but the film scanner part seems pretty good. I just bumped the resolution up to 1200dpi.

I like number 7 and the developing looks perfect!

Number 6 is VERY cool.

tried a little PP on #7

img015-pp-resize.jpg

Don't know if i like it more or not, maybe i do.

And #3, too.

img005-pp-resize-1.jpg

Surprised how much they can sharpen up, maybe can only get away with it because it's B&W and ISO400, so pretty grainy to start with.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back