My First Efforts in Digital

DChesler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just wanted to post up some of the first pics I've been able to capture with my new digital camera, I've been away from photography for a while, so constructive criticism is welcome.

IMG_0091.JPG

IMG_0115.JPG

B%20%26%20W%20Leaf%20Edit.jpg

IMG_0223.JPG

photo

photo

photo

Last edited:
What camera are you using?

It's a Canon SX100IS. I really like this camera's ease of use, as well as the amount of control it allows (excellent for a P&S).

Last edited:
I just bought a tripod too, so looking forward to getting some long exposure night shots.

I like the rock climbing shots...I used to climb until my knees gave out and I gained 50 lbs. :(

Keep up the good work!

Climbing is a blast! My friends have a permit to climb anywhere within the confines of one of the local parks, so I get out with them anytime I can. It's too bad you're no longer able to do it.

All nice, but I particularly like the first one. You have a great eye. Thanks for sharing these.

Any criticism or thoughts?

They are all perfect or close to perfect. You should move up to DSLR and have more fun ;)

For some reason the last three on the original post aren't coming up on my girlfriends laptop but I'm loving the rest. The climbing shots are great, especially the silhouette. The macros are also excellent. The screws almost look plastic, I really like the choice of tones in that one.

Good work.

Last three show up as red Xs for me too.

I don't have too much to comment on beyond my original "way to go". They really are very good. Were I to nitpick, I'd say I didn't know what three was and it didn't interest me much, and four may have been a touch underexposed and again not super interesting... but that's it, really. The first ones are excellent.

I don't see anything showing up as red x's on my computer, and all the photos I tried to upload are represented. I suspect the red x's are left over from me trying to insert images using picasa before I figured out how to properly do it, lol.

Most reactions

Back