My first firework shots

yamant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.denizevim.com
With Nikon Coolpix 3100 Fireworks Scene...

fireworks002.jpg

fireworks003.jpg

fireworks005.jpg

i owned a 3100 before, that little one did not disappoint me. heh

not bad, but they are a little too busy for me... i would have prefered just a shot of one explosion or something... but overall not bad :)

I know from experience how hard fireworks are. I shot them with my Canon TX and they came out good. I did the single shell pictuers and some of them look like big, colorful, sea urchins.

I like it, but i think they're a bit overexposed. I think you lose a bit of the richness of the colors in the bright white centers and, as a result, it looks busy. Add some different shades and colors in there and i think they'd appear much less busy. But they're still great pictures.

Nice job...I really like the first one!
So what was the exposure etc.?

Very nice! I think I prefer the first one, mainly because it's just a little simpler - shorter exposure?

I had a go at firework photos earlier this year:

stoneleigh1.jpg

stoneleigh2.jpg

I found it difficult to know where to point the camera to make sure I got everything in frame - not knowing where the next firework was going to be or what type made it difficult!

darrenw - i love in the 1st pic how the smoke and the backlight on the bottom give that sunset sky effect

mrsid99 said:
Nice job...I really like the first one!
So what was the exposure etc.?

Camera
Make NIKON
Model E3100
Exposure time 4 s
F-number 5.6
Exposure program Normal program
ISO speed ratings 100
Flash Flash did not fire [off]
Focal length 5.8 mm
Exposure mode Auto exposure
White balance Auto white balance
Focal length in 35mm film 38 mm

DarrenW;
I prefer the first one too, not shorter exposure, actually my camera is very simple model (Nikon Coolpix 3100) so i couldn't set exposure manually, i use cameras fireworks mode for these shots :)

And i really like your pics..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back