Vautrin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.withoutamapphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I just made my first gigapan, and posted it here (gigapan let's you upload really big panoramas in a format people can explore -- try it).

C&C welcome, as always!

Thanks,

Dan

it's a nice photo but the fun is actually having a play with the controls... i think i've just wasted about 30 minutes zooming in on all sorts of things on that one pic !...so therefore i blame the OP for letting me have the time of my life !.. gee fanks !:lol:

it's a nice photo but the fun is actually having a play with the controls... i think i've just wasted about 30 minutes zooming in on all sorts of things on that one pic !...so therefore i blame the OP for letting me have the time of my life !.. gee fanks !:lol:

Yeah it's pretty cool If you go to www.gigapan.com you can download software to make your own.. I saw somebody else post one around here and figured I'd try it out.. Only downside is your pano has to be at least 50 MP so it's got to be pretty big...

Nice! I have a huge panorama I created last week, I'm going to mess with this!

that's neat and nice love it

Were you on vacation in New Paltz?

I grew up in Woodstock. I'm planning on going to school there next year when I'm done with this stupid year off thing...

I will be, come september 09.

Cool, but there seems to be some black vertical lines on the picture. Are those shadows from the clouds or something else?

I think the vertical lines might be from the stitching of the individual pictures to make the panorama. To prevent this happening it's you need to use the same exposure value for each shot used in the final panorama. I'm not an expert by any means, but I find if you set the aperture you want to use in Aperture priority mode and find the correct shutter speed for the most important area. Put these settings into Manual mode and take each frame using the same ones. This way you expose correctly for the most important part of the panorama and then use this uniform value for the other images. This stops the banding effect happening because otherwise the camera adjusts the exposure for each frame.
It is a really great pano, I particularly like the lighting around the area with the lake.

Thank you and sorry about the lines. I'm still trying to figure out how to take good panos. I've got maybe a good 20 or 30 on my hard drive that definitely did not make the cut to show everyone on TPF, and the ones that are good still have mistakes in them. It wouldn't be fun if it wasn't challenging, so I guess I should be happy I've had so many problems. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back