My first glass purchase

I got sigma 28-70 f/2.8 that I got for $240. I love it but it is very loud.

lol you guys are hilarious, almost as hilarious as me breaking into your house and taking these lenses :lmao:

For serious though, the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 is a great step up from a kit lens. Similar focal length range, fastest zoom available, and great for blurring the background. I got mine for under $400US.

Hey was that used or new? I am also looking into that for sticky stituation. It's not that expensive to have and have read that it captures excellent images! I just purchased the 70-200 2.8 yesterday but planning on picking up the tamron 17-55 soon. If you have a source that sells it cheaper than $400 let me know!

Get a Canon 50mm F/1.4 for about 350, and buy a Kenko 1.4x Pro 300 DGX Teleconverter for a little under $200. Now you have a 50mm f/1.4 and a 70mm f/2.0. This would be great for portraits, street shooting, and short distance sports type stuff ( like volleyball or even some soccer,baseball,basketball, or football depending how close you can get to the sidelines ) You can get the Tamron that was recommended as well which would replace your kit lens. ( which you could sell to help pad the cost. ) However, I made my recommendation because it would give you basically 2 really fast focal lengths with no zoom (which means more consistent image quality ) Then you could just keep your kit lens for the instances where you want to go wide (18mm f/3.5 ).

This is just my opinion. Of course. I also am assuming you atleast are on some kind of budget. If you want to buy top glass, then I would retract my advice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back