My First - Greenwhich Park, London - C&C please

warnesey333

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So this is my first topic on TPF, and I thought I'd kick it off with some photos taken today.

We had a walk around Greenwhich park, the weather was cold, but not a single cloud in the sky.

All photos were taken with my Canon 50mm f/1.8 FD lens ('nifty fifty') on my EOS 550D.

I tend to shoot at f/2.8 and adjust the shutter speed.

IMG_7632 by warnesey333, on Flickr

Although I like this photo, im not so sure about the subject.

IMG_7301 by warnesey333, on Flickr

This was a very tame Robin, I was able to get really close. However, I think its a little underexposed.

IMG_7136 by warnesey333, on Flickr

Once again, maybe a little underexposed and I could have got a little bit closer.

IMG_7281 by warnesey333, on Flickr

The squirrels in the park were VERY tame, running right up to us and crawling up our legs and body. I don't like the background on this shot, I could have got much lower. Also, the focus on this is slightly off.

I greatly appreciate any C&C, this was my first real outing with the camera after spending a lot of time reading.

EDIT: Photos sorted - also apologise for the spelling mistake in the title, Greenwich**

Last edited:

Frequency

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.photosenzitive.com
Photos OK to edit
First one is truly amazing; i can just pluck those things out...which lens did you use there.... and the third image of that bird is a fine composition; in the second, background steals one's attention from that beautiful thing; fourth is very sharp, but i am unhappy you trimmed out the body parts :D

OP
W

warnesey333

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Thanks for your reply :):)

These were all shot on my 550D with a 50mm f/1.8 FD (nifty fifty) but stopped down to 2.8

I didn't get the composition right on the squirrel.

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
#1.. meh!

#2 nice.. but underexposed as mentioned. Why did you cut the bird off.. whole bird centered or off to one side would have made this a nice shot. You could bring up exposure a bit in post... but the cutting kills it. Flash would have helped balance the exposure also.

#3.. what you said.. and a tighter crop on the bird... make that subject stand out better!

#4 cute snapshot. Watch the body cutting....

Most reactions

New Topics