My First HDR

MarcusM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, I had to finally try it out. I figured today would be a good day with the rain to bring the colors out. I was skeptical of the HDR process at first, but it does occasionally seem to have its place. I don't think I'll get heavy into it because I like taking photos more than PP'ing, so I try my best to get it right in the camera. I was pretty please with my 1st attempt. Please let me know what you think:

HDR.jpg

I like this shot. Great colors. Composition could be better. I would crop out more of the sidewalk and straighten it a bit, but that's just me. Keep up the good work.

Aloha!

awesome. i think you nailed it.

I really like how the colors stand out on this one compared to the original

Yea, I agree. I did too. Thanks!

Very nice!

Thanks, I appreciate the comment!

I like this shot. Great colors. Composition could be better. I would crop out more of the sidewalk and straighten it a bit, but that's just me. Keep up the good work.

Aloha!

Thanks. Which way do you think it should be straightened? I had a real tough time aligning this in the viewfinder. The horizon line in the very back is an interstate, and it slopes downward at a very slight angle from left to right. I see how some of the horizontal brick lines don't look like they go straight across but it just seemed like they wouldn't line up. I think there is some slight distortion with the lens also.

awesome. i think you nailed it.

Thanks man!

I really like this shot! My only issue is that's it's almost too contrasty for my tastes...especially the grass on the other side of the tunnel. It looks almost neon green to me. Otherwise, very nicely done!

I think you could crop the bottom a bit?

Yea, I was thinking that too. Thanks!

I really like this shot! My only issue is that's it's almost too contrasty for my tastes...especially the grass on the other side of the tunnel. It looks almost neon green to me. Otherwise, very nicely done!

I see what you mean with the grass almost looking neon green. Thanks!

nice i love gentle hdrs like these

Thank you! Yes, I agree. I tried to keep the HDR-look to a minimum. I still wanted it to resemble as much as possible what I saw.

Most reactions

Back