My first HDR

timshady1001

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$Untitled_HDR2.jpgThis is my first HDR shot and i was not planning on doing this shot, it just happened.

It's over processed. The sky looks weird with purple halos around the clouds the rocks in the foreground have strange green halos, it's also crooked.

How many images and what exposure separation did you use? I have to agree that this does appear over-processed. I would start by dialing back the saturation and then recombine them and sacrifice a little of the range to get a more natural appearing image.

Thanks for the feed back and I will definitely go back And reprocess it. It is only 3 shots and the separation was only 1/3. I wasn't Going to do this shot as an hdr or I would have changed the separation to 1. I will definitely reprocess it and post the picture later and look for more feedback on that one also.

That isn't HDR,; that's tone-mapped.

It's weird how "HDR" didn't fix your tilted horizon line...

It is only 3 shots and the separation was only 1/3.

3 shots each 1/3 rd stop apart? That's kinda pointless for an HDR a single RAW file would easily give you more then 1/3rd of a stop in ether direction.

Personally I don't think the scene needs HDR treatment.

3 shots each 1/3 rd stop apart? That's kinda pointless for an HDR a single RAW file would easily give you more then 1/3rd of a stop in ether direction.

Personally I don't think the scene needs HDR treatment.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it probably would have been better to do a single raw shot and I wasn't planing on doing the shot as hdr and didn't realize that the setting was set to 1/3 when I did it or I would have changed it. But next time I try it, it will definitely be 1 stop apart.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back