My first moon shot

I will practice again with stabilization on. Good info. Thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Stabilization would make no difference if the subject moves. And when you have your camera on a tripod I would always switch off the stabilization. You're over thinking it, the shot is sharp, and the exposure good, so don't change a thing :allteeth:

Stabilization would make no difference if the subject moves. And when you have your camera on a tripod I would always switch off the stabilization. You're over thinking it, the shot is sharp, and the exposure good, so don't change a thing :allteeth:
Check.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

yeah if your using a tripod you do not need the stabilization, i missed the fact that you used a tripod.. when on a tripod what ever shutter speed you use should be fine with a non moving object.

my moon shots, one was at night it was shot at f/11 1/200 and iso 100 with my old sigma 150-500

and the other is f/8 1/500 and iso 100 with the new 150-600 that was taken when it was starting to get dark and the sky was still blue, i edited it to look like it was taken at night.

i think yours looks just as good as mine do.

when you say sharpness was set in camera i take it your not shooting raw.. you might want to think about shooting raw files since they are better for editing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back