My first 'panning' experiments

danalec99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The bumper-to-bumper right before Verrazano bridge this morning gave me a chance to try out some motion stuff for the first time (hand-held).

motion006-vi.jpg

motion004-vi.jpg

motion001-vi.jpg

motion005-vi.jpg

motion003-vi.jpg

I do see the importance of a tripod!

Nice job!

If you are going to pan with a tripod, you have to make sure that you are shooting the subject directly from the side, like in the fourth picture here. Not only do you have to pace the camera at the same speed as the subject, you have to make sure that the subject doesn't move up or down in the frame. In those other images, if you hadn't lowered the camera as you moved to the left with the trucks, they would have an up&down blur.

markc said:
Nice job!

If you are going to pan with a tripod, you have to make sure that you are shooting the subject directly from the side, like in the fourth picture here. Not only do you have to pace the camera at the same speed as the subject, you have to make sure that the subject doesn't move up or down in the frame. In those other images, if you hadn't lowered the camera as you moved to the left with the trucks, they would have an up&down blur.

Thanks Mark...

I think the subject did not move up /down. It was my panning which was not straight. You could clearly notice the bend on the left side of the 3rd image.

Most reactions

Back