My first panrama C&C please!

evrsweit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am just beginning in photography and took this panorama of San Francisco a few weeks ago. I am looking for any thoughts, ideas, or advice regarding the image! Thanks for looking!
Untitled_Panorama4.jpg

Is this a crop or did you combine multiple photos? You could stretch it to get rid of the distortion however I feel the distortion ads to the shot. The only thing I would say is go out again to the same location but go when the sun is behind you so the city is lite up and the sun is at your back.

It is a combination of 6 shots that I stitched together in photoshop. Thanks for the advice!

another alternative to the sun being in different location is using a polarized filter to remove the glare. I like the panoramic shot though and have been meaning to try it out myself. Was it challenging to stitch it together in photoshop?

Is this a crop or did you combine multiple photos? You could stretch it to get rid of the distortion however I feel the distortion ads to the shot. The only thing I would say is go out again to the same location but go when the sun is behind you so the city is lite up and the sun is at your back.

But but but, that's such a traditional thing to do. "get the sun at your back" they always say. "they" meaning my mom in this case.

isn't there some value to a photo with the sun not directly at your back? as long as you do the exposure right.

my 2 cents

Oh, and the distortion is awesome.

another alternative to the sun being in different location is using a polarized filter to remove the glare. I like the panoramic shot though and have been meaning to try it out myself. Was it challenging to stitch it together in photoshop?

I actually just bought a polarized filter so I'm going to try taking it again with that and see how it turns out! And no it was actually fairly easy to stitch together, but I think mainly because I took each picture with enough space to overlap when I combined the images.

But but but, that's such a traditional thing to do. "get the sun at your back" they always say. "they" meaning my mom in this case.

isn't there some value to a photo with the sun not directly at your back? as long as you do the exposure right.

my 2 cents

Oh, and the distortion is awesome.

Thanks for your advice and opinion!

The idea of shooting with the sun at your back is not a rule is just a good thing to do shooting into the sun produces a very bright sky with a dark forground. It can work in some situations but I dont think it works here. When shooting a cityscape I woud say go for a well lit shot or go with a complete sillouette not in between.

Most reactions

Back